Yes, this is Caesar salad that we love and it’s vegan-inspired recipe. The dressing is made with raw cashews, lemon juice, garlic, capers, and Dijon, making the salad so creamy! A regular Caesar salads contain anchovies, egg and Parmesan cheese which are not allowed in […]
Try this low-fat Cheesy French Omelette for breakfast. “So hearty and rich-tasting,” says Bernice Morris who shared this breakfast recipe. Preparation & Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes Makes: 2 servings What you will need 2 large eggs 4 large egg whites ¼ cup of fat-free […]
A good way to start losing some half pound to about 1 pound every week is following a 1200 calorie diet. Here is a simple recipe that helps you lose weight fast.
What you will need:
½ cup of yellow lentils
1 cup of broccoli florets
1 garlic clove
¼ cup of orange juice
1 small green chili
1 tbsp rice bran oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
How to cook Broccoli and Lentil Soup
- Wash the yellow lentils and set aside.
- Chop onions, tomato, garlic, and chili.
- Dice broccoli florets.
- In a soup pan, heat oil and fry the cumin seeds for about 30 seconds.
- Fry garlic until they become golden brown.
- Add onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Then, add diced broccoli florets and chopped tomato. And fry for about one minute.
- Add the chopped green chili. Fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add the washed lentils, a pinch of salt, and a cup of water.
- Cook the soup until lentils and broccoli florets are thoroughly cooked.
- Add orange juice. Using an immersion blender, mix all the ingredients for a thicker soup.
Originally published in StyleCraze.
This Pork Dumplings recipe consists of ground pork, shitake mushrooms, and shrimp. Great for appetizer, snack, or even as your main dish. This dumpling recipe uses a mixture of ground pork and minced shrimp but you can substitute the pork with ground chicken, the shrimp […]
Stir fry recipes are versatile and one of the best! You can use whatever ingredient that you have in your fridge. This hearty Fry Beef and Baby Corn recipe gives you tender beef slices, crunchy vegetables, and baby corn in sweet sauce. This quick easy […]
This Chinese-inspired chicken salad is made from crunchy romaine, almond crunch, and wontons topped with protein-rich chicken breast, pasta noodles, and flavory sesame dressing. This recipe is made simple for lighter meal for your family or friends.
But how can we make a healthy Chinese-inspired chicken salad?
This recipe may not sound healthy (with the fried wontons) but the key to healthy meals is moderation. It means that as long as you are careful with your portion size, the amount of dressing that you include, and the how much crunchy wontons that you put on top of your salad, it will still be okay with your cravings fully satisfied.
Dressing in this recipe is easy to prepare as it takes just few minutes to make it. Just add
- Grapeseed oil (we choose this oil as it has milder flavor compared to olive oil; you may also choose canola, if you prefer it)
- Sesame oil
- Seasoned rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned will depend on your preference)
- Light soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh ground pepper
- Kosher salt
Yield: 2 servings
You will need:
For the chicken salad
1 chicken breast, shredded
2 cups fusilli pasta noodles, cooked and cooled
12 (3-inch) wonton skins, sliced into ¼-inch strips
4 cups romaine lettuce
2 green onions, chopped
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted lightly
1 tbsp sesame seeds
¼ corn oil or canola oil for frying
For the salad dressing
1-½ tbsp grapeseed oil (or canola oil)
6 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil (if you prefer a strong sesame flavor)
1-½ tsp sugar
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
⅛ tsp kosher salt
How to Make Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
- Heat canola oil (or corn oil) in a skillet over a medium-high heat. When oil begins to shimmer, fry the wonton skins in batches of 5 to 7 strips for about 30 seconds on each side, or until lightly browned. Work quickly to avoid burning them.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels, and until they are cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chicken breast, lettuce, almonds, pasta, and green onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting cover, add all the dressing ingredients and shake until ingredients are well-blended. Ot you can whisk them in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Dress the chicken salad with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame dressing.
- Top with more fried wonton strips and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy your meals!
This classic French omelette recipe is a favorite. You can fill it with ham and cheese, or substitute them with leftover cooked vegetables. Other classic omelet fillings can be shredded Cheddar, or sour cream, or Gruyere cheese, crisp bacon, diced ham, bell peppers or tomatoes, […]
This Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe is a Chinese favorite using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients. Cornstarch has two purposes in this recipe: gives the shrimp and tofu a nice crunchy coating and makes a thick, glossy sauce. For an added nutrition, serve over a bowl […]
It’s time for breakfast and you’re in a hurry…
This baked fruit breakfast recipe is rich in fresh fruits and whole grains. It needs very little effort to prepare but it fills up your family with healthy food in the morning.
You can choose any fruit that you have at home. If it’s summer and there are fruits around, try getting fresh peaches and fresh strawberries and bake them with banana as its base.
When we say grains, we mean a combo of quinoa and oats, or grains with few spoonfuls of chia seeds for protein.
Mix your favorite summer fruits and grains with milk, vanilla, and eggs. Don’t worry about too much liquid since grains will absorb it as they bake.
Whatever situation you are every morning, always remember breakfast is always improtant to jumpstart you and your family’s day!
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
Calories: 181 kcal
You will need
1 cup strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, sliced
1 cup peaches, sliced
½ cup oats
½ cup quinoa
½ cup coconut flakes or shreds
2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
How to make the Baked Fruit Breakfast recipe
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Arrange banana slices in the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, quinoa, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the sliced bananas.
- Arrange sliced strawberries and peaches over the oat mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract and pour slowly over the fruits.
- Drizzle with coconut flakes or shred.
- Bake for about one hour, or until top becomes light brown and firm.
- You may serve warm or cold, topped with your family’s favorite yogurt, fresh fruits, or powdered sugar. And there’s your baked fruit breakfast!
- Always enjoy your meals with your family.
Published in Eazy Peazy Mealz in 2016.