This Pork Dumplings recipe consists of ground pork, shitake mushrooms, and shrimp. Great for appetizer, snack, or even as your main dish. This dumpling recipe uses a mixture of ground pork and minced shrimp but you can substitute the pork with ground chicken, the shrimp […]
Stir fry recipes are versatile and one of the best! You can use whatever ingredient that you have in your fridge. This hearty Fry Beef and Baby Corn recipe gives you tender beef slices, crunchy vegetables, and baby corn in sweet sauce. This quick easy […]
This Chinese-inspired chicken salad is made from crunchy romaine, almond crunch, and wontons topped with protein-rich chicken breast, pasta noodles, and flavory sesame dressing. This recipe is made simple for lighter meal for your family or friends.
But how can we make a healthy Chinese-inspired chicken salad?
This recipe may not sound healthy (with the fried wontons) but the key to healthy meals is moderation. It means that as long as you are careful with your portion size, the amount of dressing that you include, and the how much crunchy wontons that you put on top of your salad, it will still be okay with your cravings fully satisfied.
Dressing in this recipe is easy to prepare as it takes just few minutes to make it. Just add
- Grapeseed oil (we choose this oil as it has milder flavor compared to olive oil; you may also choose canola, if you prefer it)
- Sesame oil
- Seasoned rice vinegar (seasoned or unseasoned will depend on your preference)
- Light soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh ground pepper
- Kosher salt
Yield: 2 servings
You will need:
For the chicken salad
1 chicken breast, shredded
2 cups fusilli pasta noodles, cooked and cooled
12 (3-inch) wonton skins, sliced into ¼-inch strips
4 cups romaine lettuce
2 green onions, chopped
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted lightly
1 tbsp sesame seeds
¼ corn oil or canola oil for frying
For the salad dressing
1-½ tbsp grapeseed oil (or canola oil)
6 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sesame oil (if you prefer a strong sesame flavor)
1-½ tsp sugar
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
⅛ tsp kosher salt
How to Make Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
- Heat canola oil (or corn oil) in a skillet over a medium-high heat. When oil begins to shimmer, fry the wonton skins in batches of 5 to 7 strips for about 30 seconds on each side, or until lightly browned. Work quickly to avoid burning them.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels, and until they are cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chicken breast, lettuce, almonds, pasta, and green onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting cover, add all the dressing ingredients and shake until ingredients are well-blended. Ot you can whisk them in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Dress the chicken salad with 2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame dressing.
- Top with more fried wonton strips and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy your meals!
This classic French omelette recipe is a favorite. You can fill it with ham and cheese, or substitute them with leftover cooked vegetables. Other classic omelet fillings can be shredded Cheddar, or sour cream, or Gruyere cheese, crisp bacon, diced ham, bell peppers or tomatoes, […]
This Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe is a Chinese favorite using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients. Cornstarch has two purposes in this recipe: gives the shrimp and tofu a nice crunchy coating and makes a thick, glossy sauce. For an added nutrition, serve over a bowl […]
It’s time for breakfast and you’re in a hurry…
This baked fruit breakfast recipe is rich in fresh fruits and whole grains. It needs very little effort to prepare but it fills up your family with healthy food in the morning.
You can choose any fruit that you have at home. If it’s summer and there are fruits around, try getting fresh peaches and fresh strawberries and bake them with banana as its base.
When we say grains, we mean a combo of quinoa and oats, or grains with few spoonfuls of chia seeds for protein.
Mix your favorite summer fruits and grains with milk, vanilla, and eggs. Don’t worry about too much liquid since grains will absorb it as they bake.
Whatever situation you are every morning, always remember breakfast is always improtant to jumpstart you and your family’s day!
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
Calories: 181 kcal
You will need
1 cup strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, sliced
1 cup peaches, sliced
½ cup oats
½ cup quinoa
½ cup coconut flakes or shreds
2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
How to make the Baked Fruit Breakfast recipe
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Arrange banana slices in the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, quinoa, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the sliced bananas.
- Arrange sliced strawberries and peaches over the oat mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract and pour slowly over the fruits.
- Drizzle with coconut flakes or shred.
- Bake for about one hour, or until top becomes light brown and firm.
- You may serve warm or cold, topped with your family’s favorite yogurt, fresh fruits, or powdered sugar. And there’s your baked fruit breakfast!
- Always enjoy your meals with your family.
Published in Eazy Peazy Mealz in 2016.
You and your family will surely love these moist and tender baked pork chops. Great for weeknight dinner! Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking/Baking Time: 45 minutes You will need 4 boneless pork chops, about ½-inch thick 1 cup parmesan cheese 1 cup Italian […]
Livestrong reports in one of their articles that Wild Alaskan salmon is the healthiest salmon available in the market. The calorie and fat content in this salmon is lower than the farmed salmon.
Salmon is rich in protein. It also helps improve bone density and strength. It helps minimizes risks of depression. Human brain has 60% fat and most of this fat is the omega-3 acid DHA, which plays big role in the brain function and healthy nervous system.
This Sugar-Crusted Salmon is deliciously tender and moist, topped with crusted sugar layer. Serve this dish with vegetables and brown rice for a healthy dinner kids and adults will surely love!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
Calories: 166 kcal
Your will need:
1-6 oz salmon fillets
¼ cup brown sugar
1 T olive oil
¼ tsp kosher salt
How to make the Sugar-Crusted Salmon
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and salt. (If you prefer more spicy, add a little cayenne pepper or a pinch of red pepper flakes.)
- In a skillet over a medium heat, add the olive oil. Allow the olive oil slowly warm up.
- Get the salmon fillets and pat the brown sugar mixture gently on top of the salmon. Avoid applying it to the skin side. You will observe that the salmon absorbs the brown sugar fast.
- Put the salmon in the skillet and skin side down. Sear the salmon fillets for about 4 minutes, or so. Flip the salmon fillet so that the brown sugar is on the skillet.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook the fish for about 4-5 minutes, or until the fillets reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve right away. You may want to drizzle a little brown sugar to the top just before serving them.
Published in Salt and Baker 2017.
You can have healthy benefits from bananas by eating eating them raw or blend them with your most-loved smoothie. You can enjoy your homemade banana-peanut butter sandwich, banana muffins, or banana bread. Good news is that bananas are all-year round available and easy to store. […]