Baked Fruit Breakfast
It’s time for breakfast and you’re in a hurry…
This baked fruit breakfast recipe is rich in fresh fruits and whole grains. It needs very little effort to prepare but it fills up your family with healthy food in the morning.
You can choose any fruit that you have at home. If it’s summer and there are fruits around, try getting fresh peaches and fresh strawberries and bake them with banana as its base.
When we say grains, we mean a combo of quinoa and oats, or grains with few spoonfuls of chia seeds for protein.
Mix your favorite summer fruits and grains with milk, vanilla, and eggs. Don’t worry about too much liquid since grains will absorb it as they bake.
Whatever situation you are every morning, always remember breakfast is always improtant to jumpstart you and your family’s day!
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
Calories: 181 kcal
You will need
1 cup strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, sliced
1 cup peaches, sliced
½ cup oats
½ cup quinoa
½ cup coconut flakes or shreds
2 cups milk
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
How to make the Baked Fruit Breakfast recipe
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
- Arrange banana slices in the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oats, quinoa, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the sliced bananas.
- Arrange sliced strawberries and peaches over the oat mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract and pour slowly over the fruits.
- Drizzle with coconut flakes or shred.
- Bake for about one hour, or until top becomes light brown and firm.
- You may serve warm or cold, topped with your family’s favorite yogurt, fresh fruits, or powdered sugar. And there’s your baked fruit breakfast!
- Always enjoy your meals with your family.
Published in Eazy Peazy Mealz in 2016.