Broccoli And Lentil Soup (1,200 Calorie Diet)
A good way to start losing some half pound to about 1 pound every week is following a 1200 calorie diet. Here is a simple recipe that helps you lose weight fast.
What you will need:
½ cup of yellow lentils
1 cup of broccoli florets
1 garlic clove
¼ cup of orange juice
1 small green chili
1 tbsp rice bran oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
How to cook Broccoli and Lentil Soup
- Wash the yellow lentils and set aside.
- Chop onions, tomato, garlic, and chili.
- Dice broccoli florets.
- In a soup pan, heat oil and fry the cumin seeds for about 30 seconds.
- Fry garlic until they become golden brown.
- Add onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Then, add diced broccoli florets and chopped tomato. And fry for about one minute.
- Add the chopped green chili. Fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add the washed lentils, a pinch of salt, and a cup of water.
- Cook the soup until lentils and broccoli florets are thoroughly cooked.
- Add orange juice. Using an immersion blender, mix all the ingredients for a thicker soup.
Originally published in StyleCraze.