Cheesy French Omelette
Try this low-fat Cheesy French Omelette for breakfast. “So hearty and rich-tasting,” says Bernice Morris who shared this breakfast recipe.
Preparation & Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
What you will need
2 large eggs
4 large egg whites
¼ cup of fat-free milk
⅛ tsp salt
⅛ tsp pepper
¼ cup (cubed) fully cooked ham
1 tbsp chopped onion
Tbsp chopped green pepper
¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
How to cook the recipe
- Whisk together first five ingredients.
- Put a 10-inch skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and it should set immediately at edges.
- As the egg mixture is set, push cooked portions towards the middle to allow uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When omelette is thickened and without liquid egg remains, top one half of the remaining ingredients.
- Fold omelette in half.
- Slice in half and serve.
½ of this omelette provides: 186 calories, 9 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 648 sodium, 4 grams carbohydrate (3 grams sugars, 0 fiber), 22 grams protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Originally published in Light & Tasty in 2006