Cheesy Rice Recipe
A cheesy rice recipe with some bell peppers, onions, and a generous amount of cheese for a great and cheesy rice!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10 to 12 cheesy rice servings
You will need:
2 cups long-grain parboiled white rice
1/ lb Velveeta cheese (or your favorites cheese), cut into cubes
4 cups chicken stock
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 medium onions
Fresh chives, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Cheesy Rice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onions, and garlic. Season with salt. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally until they are soft.
- Add rice and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring and until it becomes fragrant.
- Add Velveeta cheese (or any of your favorite cheeses) and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes while stirring and until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken stock and cook for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid is thick and rice is soft
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with chives (and maybe with some bacon strips).
Published in Country Living 2017.