Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is a combination of salty-sweet-sour dish. You will love this for dinner after a long busy day. You can serve it with steamed rice and broccoli for balanced meals. For ease of cooking, you can use chicken breasts. You can also substitute chicken with any other kind of protein like beef, pork, tofu, or dark meat.
Within less an hour, here’s your homemade meal you can enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
You will need:
For the chicken –
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Sliced green onions (for garnish)
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the sauce –
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1-½ tbsp honey
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
For serving –
How to make the Chicken Teriyaki recipe
Prepare the sauce:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk low-sodium soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, honey, cornstarch, minced ginger, and minced garlic.
Cook the chicken:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Add chicken to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for about 10 minutes, or until golden and almost cooked through.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over rice with steamed broccoli.
- Relax and enjoy!