Fluffy American Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberry pancakes are Americans’ traditional breakfast that we all love. These days, you can give some twist depending on what you want. You can also substitute blueberries with other summer fruits such as raspberries, blackcurrants, or more.
Top your blueberry pancakes with grilled bacon to add some flavorful element, neutralizing the sweetness of the pancakes. Anyways, maple syrup and bacon are traditional pairs of pancakes.
Let these simple, thick and fluffy pancakes melt in your mouth exploding with blueberries!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 6 to 8 large blueberry pancakes
You will need:
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup (or more) fresh blueberries
More butter for frying
How to make Fluffy American Blueberry Pancakes
- Mix milk and vinegar. Let it sit for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and mix in egg, milk and melted butter until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt a small smear of butter in the pan.
- Pour about one-third cup of batter into the hot skillet and spread it flat-like (it should be thick). Put and arrange few blueberries on top of the batter.
- Cook until you see small bubbles on top and the edges are starting to firm up.
- Flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes til the blueberry pancakes are cooked through.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup (or just plain pancakes).
- For thick pancakes: use ¾ cup milk as directed. If you desire for a lighter pancake and less fluffy pancakes, use 1 cup of milk
- For a twist, you may serve with grilled bacon.
Calories per serving 253, total fat 8.3 g, sodium 490.5 mg, sugars 12.4 g, vitamin A, vitamin C 3.7 mg, 82.6 µg, cholesterol 65.5 mg, carbohydrate 38.4 g, Protein 6.7 g