Savory Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Grits
If you are looking for a savory seafood recipe, here is one great recipe. This dish is ideal for those who want fast but healthy dinner!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients to prepare:
¾ cup of instant grits
1-¼ lbs medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails intact)
¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp of unsalted butter
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
Juice of ½ lemon and wedges (for serving)
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Zesty Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in medium saucepan over high heat, covered.
- Uncover and slowly add the grits, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes thick.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep it warm.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic, and if you are adding cayenne, cook it and add 2 tablespoons of water, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the grits on shallow bowls. Top with the shrimp and sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Originally published in Food Network Magazine.