Simple Glazed Roast Chicken
This glazed roast chicken recipe is best for weeknight dinners. So easy, simple to prepare and cook. Spice the roast chicken up with quince jelly or apricot glaze.
Preparation Time: 15 minute
Baking Time: 1 & ½ hours
Yield: 6 servings
What you will need
1 (3-4 lbs) broiler/fryer chicken
1 cup of white wine (or chicken broth)
1 cup quince jelly (or apricot preserves)
1 tbsp of stone-ground mustard
½ tsp of pepper
¾ tsp salt
How to Make the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Put wine in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in preserves and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with breast side up. Drizzle with salt and pepper. Tuck its wings under the chicken and tie the drumsticks together.
- Roast chicken for about 45 minutes. Brush with glaze. Continue roasting the chicken until the thermometer inserted in thighs reads 170° to 175°. Baste from time to time with glaze.
- Cover loosely with foil if the chicken browns too fast.
- Remove chicken from oven and tent with foil.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with remaining reserved glaze.
You may add some sliced carrots and potatoes around the roast chicken.
One Servings gives you: 437 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 458 sodium, 35 g carbohydrate (23 g sugar, 0 fiber), 34 g protein.
The recipe was originally published in Simple & Delicious 2014.