If you are looking for a savory seafood recipe, here is one great recipe. This dish is ideal for those who want fast but healthy dinner! Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 servings Ingredients to prepare: ¾ cup of instant grits […]
Tag: dinner recipes
This Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe is a Chinese favorite using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients. Cornstarch has two purposes in this recipe: gives the shrimp and tofu a nice crunchy coating and makes a thick, glossy sauce. For an added nutrition, serve over a bowl […]
This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is a combination of salty-sweet-sour dish. You will love this for dinner after a long busy day. You can serve it with steamed rice and broccoli for balanced meals. For ease of cooking, you can use chicken breasts. You can also substitute chicken with any other kind of protein like beef, pork, tofu, or dark meat.
Within less an hour, here’s your homemade meal you can enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
You will need:
For the chicken –
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Sliced green onions (for garnish)
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
For the sauce –
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1-½ tbsp honey
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
For serving –
How to make the Chicken Teriyaki recipe
Prepare the sauce:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk low-sodium soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, honey, cornstarch, minced ginger, and minced garlic.
Cook the chicken:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Add chicken to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for about 10 minutes, or until golden and almost cooked through.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over rice with steamed broccoli.
- Relax and enjoy!
You and your family will surely love these moist and tender baked pork chops. Great for weeknight dinner! Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 5 minutes Cooking/Baking Time: 45 minutes You will need 4 boneless pork chops, about ½-inch thick 1 cup parmesan cheese 1 cup Italian […]
This Carraba’s one of their best recipe! Chicken Bryan is made of Grilled chicken with lemon butter sauce topped with sundried tomatoes and spicy goat cheese.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 26 minutes
You will need
Basil Lemon Butter Sauce:
6 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup salted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
For the chicken:
4 chicken breasts, flattered using a mallet
4 slices of goat cheese (or cream cheese)
⅓ cup marinated sundried tomatoes (in jar)
4 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (you may use less or more)
Salt and pepper
How to make Chicken Bryan Recipe
Start with making the Basil Lemon Butter Sauce:
- In a saucepan, saute butter and garlic for about 1 minute. Avoid sauteing for too long because garlic can burn and will be butter quickly.
- Add lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Minimize heat to low. Add the heavy cream. Remember that this have to be cooked on LOW or else, the cream and lemon juice will curdle together.
While you are cooking the sauce, you may start cooking the chicken:
- If you want to grill the chicken, preheat the grill.
- Rub each chicken breast with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper – generously.
- The oil helps keep the chicken breasts from sticking to the grill. It also infuses the flavor. If you still have time, marinate chicken breasts in oil and seasonings for about 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or depending on the thickness. It has to reach 165 degrees.
- If you are cooking chicken breasts in a skillet, rub every chicken breast with oil, pepper, and salt. Place them on a skillet heated to a medium-high.
- Cook chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes for each side, or depending on the thickness. It has to reach 165 degrees, at least.
- Top warm chicken breasts with the goat cheese (or cream cheese, if you prefer), marinated chopped sundried tomatoes, sauce, adn fresh basil ribbons. You may serve with extra sauce.
Published in Modern Honey.
Duck Soup or Bun Mang Vit refers to Vietnamese rice vermicelli duck noodle soup. The recipe contains bamboo shoots and garnished with shredded cabbage, thin slices of yellow onions, green onions, and a wedge of lemon for squeezing. Traditionally, this Vietnamese Duck Soup is flavored […]
We all understand the trouble of preparing dinner after a long hectic day. This simple pork chops in honey-garlic sauce which is easy to prepare and cook, whether you are cooking for yourself or for the whole family. Preparation/Total Time: 25 minutes Makes: 4 servings […]
This glazed roast chicken recipe is best for weeknight dinners. So easy, simple to prepare and cook. Spice the roast chicken up with quince jelly or apricot glaze.
Preparation Time: 15 minute
Baking Time: 1 & ½ hours
Yield: 6 servings
What you will need
1 (3-4 lbs) broiler/fryer chicken
1 cup of white wine (or chicken broth)
1 cup quince jelly (or apricot preserves)
1 tbsp of stone-ground mustard
½ tsp of pepper
¾ tsp salt
How to Make the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Put wine in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in preserves and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with breast side up. Drizzle with salt and pepper. Tuck its wings under the chicken and tie the drumsticks together.
- Roast chicken for about 45 minutes. Brush with glaze. Continue roasting the chicken until the thermometer inserted in thighs reads 170° to 175°. Baste from time to time with glaze.
- Cover loosely with foil if the chicken browns too fast.
- Remove chicken from oven and tent with foil.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with remaining reserved glaze.
You may add some sliced carrots and potatoes around the roast chicken.
One Servings gives you: 437 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 458 sodium, 35 g carbohydrate (23 g sugar, 0 fiber), 34 g protein.
The recipe was originally published in Simple & Delicious 2014.