Soon, the leaves will fall and the air will be crisp, and you will know it’s autumn. Soon, there will be scent of apples and pumpkin spice and we know it’s time to bring in the season’s great autumn flavors. They will be flavorful sides, […]
Stir fry recipes are versatile and one of the best! You can use whatever ingredient that you have in your fridge. This hearty Fry Beef and Baby Corn recipe gives you tender beef slices, crunchy vegetables, and baby corn in sweet sauce. This quick easy […]
What you will need:
- 2 cans of minced clams (6-½ oz, 184 grams each)
- 1 lb (450 grams) frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed, rinsed, tails removed
- 1 lb (450 grams) fresh bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cups flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1 inch
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley, snipped (optional)
How to Cook Creamy Seafood Chowder
- Drain clams and set aside clam juice. Add enough water to clam juice just to measure 1 cup.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the reserved clam juice, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell pepper, chicken broth, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Put flour in a small mixing bowl. Add half and half into the flour and whisk until mixture is smooth. Add clams, scallops, and shrimp to pot. Whisk in the flour mixture slowly.
- Return to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes or until thickened, while stirring constantly.
- Sprinkled with parsley, if you desire.
Yield: 12 servings of 1 ¼ cups of seafood chowder
Nutrients for each serving: Calories 230, Fat 7 g, Saturated fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 2 g