Yes, this is Caesar salad that we love and it’s vegan-inspired recipe. The dressing is made with raw cashews, lemon juice, garlic, capers, and Dijon, making the salad so creamy! A regular Caesar salads contain anchovies, egg and Parmesan cheese which are not allowed in […]
Tag: lunch recipes
This Chinese-inspired chicken salad is made from crunchy romaine, almond crunch, and wontons topped with protein-rich chicken breast, pasta noodles, and flavory sesame dressing. This recipe is made simple for lighter meal for your family or friends. But how can we make a healthy Chinese-inspired […]
This Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe is a Chinese favorite using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients.
Cornstarch has two purposes in this recipe: gives the shrimp and tofu a nice crunchy coating and makes a thick, glossy sauce. For an added nutrition, serve over a bowl of brown rice, or rice noodles. This makes a delightful lunch or dinner.
Yield: 4 servings (one serving size – 1 cup shrimp and ½ cup rice)
You will need:
1 (3 ½-oz) bag of boil-in-bag rice
8 0z large shrimps, peeled
1 (8-oz) can of pineapple chunks in juice, drained
8 0z firm light tofu
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
¼ cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp cornstarch, divided
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp chili paste with garlic
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tbsp ground fresh ginger
1 cup pre-chopped onion
½ cup pre-chopped green bell pepper
How to make the Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- Cook rice according to package instructions, less the salt and fat. Set aside.
- Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist. Cut into half-inch cubes.
- Mix tofu, 1 tbsp of cornstarch, and shrimps.
- Add and combine the remaining cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and chile paste. Set aside.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp mixture to pan. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Place the shrimp mixture in a bowl.
- Heat canola oil in pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, bell pepper, and pineapple to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice and enjoy your meal!
Published in MyRecipes in 2008.
We all understand the trouble of preparing dinner after a long hectic day. This simple pork chops in honey-garlic sauce which is easy to prepare and cook, whether you are cooking for yourself or for the whole family. Preparation/Total Time: 25 minutes Makes: 4 servings […]