If you are looking for a savory seafood recipe, here is one great recipe. This dish is ideal for those who want fast but healthy dinner! Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 servings Ingredients to prepare: ¾ cup of instant grits […]
Tag: shrimp recipes
This Asian Sweet and Sour Shrimp recipe is a Chinese favorite using traditional sweet-and-sour ingredients. Cornstarch has two purposes in this recipe: gives the shrimp and tofu a nice crunchy coating and makes a thick, glossy sauce. For an added nutrition, serve over a bowl […]
This Seasoned Grilled Shrimp recipe is great for snacks or as appetizer. Just remove grilled shrimps from the skewers and serve on a plate of pasta with your favorite pasta sauce!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes (including marinating time)
You will need:
2 lbs of large shrimps, peeled and deveined leaving its tails attached
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup olive oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
1 lemon, juiced
Large resealable plastic bag
How to Make Grilled Seasoned Shrimp
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, oregano, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, olive oil tomato paste, and hot sauce. Reserve a small amount of this marinade for basting later.
- Pour remaining into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimps. Seal.
- Marinate in the fridge for about two hours.
- Preheat grill for medium low heat.
- Thread marinated shrimp on skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near thee head.
- Throw the marinade.
- Oil the grill grate lightly. Grill shrimps for about 5 minutes for each side, or until they are opaque while basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Each serving will give you: 447 calories, 37.5g fat, 3.7g carbohydrates, 25.3g protein, 230mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium